Kandooma Resort, Maldives
For family fun, a perfect right hand wave at your doorstep and a selection of dining options, look no further than Kandooma.
Kandooma Rights is the featured break, just steps from your acccomodation. A long, walled up wave, Kandooma’s gives SUP surfers the chance to progress their skills. With an outside barrel section and a long mellow wall after that, this wave is so much fun.
The surfing staff on island is run by the Perfect Wave and they can organise surf transfers to the other breaks around the area, along with giving good advice. There’s a left, a peak and a mellow right located nearby so you can be sure no matter the wind, you’ll be out there surfing.
Kandooma is a 45 minute speedboat ride from the airport. This Resort is run by the Holiday Inn group and is known for its great value for money.
With a huge selection of restaurants, great waves nearby and lots to do for the kids, it’s easy to see why this is a favourite amongst surfing families.
- Return speedboat airport to resort transfers.
- Welcome drink & cold face towel on arrival.
- Accommodation in a chosen room category.
- Buffet breakfast daily in the Kandooma Café
Tea, coffee & bottled water in your room.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Daily snorkelling trip.
- Use of snorkelling equipment.
- Sunscreen & drinking water on the main beach.
- Service charge, Maldives 12% GST and Green Tax.
- Use of internet lounge.
- Use of guest library.
- Regular evening entertainment.
- Kids Club (free for 4-12 years).
- Kids up to 11 years eat for free when dining with adults at Kandooma Café.
- Welcome Meet and Greet from your Surf Experience team on arrival.
- Daily surf report from Surf Experience Manager on conditions, tides, and surf breaks.
- Surfer numbers limited to 45 surfers at any one time at Kandooma Resort (these surfers will be spread around a number of South Male surf breaks, not only at Kandooma Right).
- Unlimited access to Kandooma Right surf break.
- Unlimited daily transfers to all 8 local South Male breaks including Riptides, Foxy’s, Twin Peaks, Quarters, Tucky Joes and Kate’s.
- Two 40ft dhonis with a maximum of 15 surfers on each trip.
- Surf transfers are approximately 3 hours per trip and depart between 6am and 3pm (subject to weather and tidal conditions).
- Assistance and direction from our experienced and qualified surf guides.
- Surf photography and videographer available at extra cost.
- Fully stocked surf shop with everything a surfer could need in the tropics.
- AWAYCO board hire – Choose from over 60 boards on location from high performance to Stand up paddle boards and Foil boards.
Wave Energy: The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University together with the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Maldives, and Kokyo Tatemono Company Limited of Tokyo, Japan, initiated a wave energy project on the surf break. This will produce a small amount of renewable energy.
Solar: Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives has partnered with Swimsol to implement a solar power energy system.
Waste Management: Separate bins and waste management processes were set up to effectively recycle food waste, plastics, tin, metal and other general waste.